|Full Name||Greenwoods Eldercare Society|
|Phone||250 537 5561 x223|
|Location||Salt Spring Island|
Support Services – Dietary, Laundry & Housekeeping
Casuals positions available
Days and evenings
8 hour shifts
Reports to: Support Services Manager
Greenwoods Eldercare Society (GES) is a not for profit healthcare organisation that provides a range of services including: Greenwoods Long-Term Care (LTC) Residence, Braehaven Assisted Living (AL) Residence and community programs including Meals on Wheels. Our goal is to deliver high quality, life-enhancing care that respects dignity, self-worth and uniqueness of all.
We are actively seeking individuals to become part of our team at our Long-term Care and Assisted Living sites. Initially joining on a casual basis, team members will have the opportunity to apply for temporary or permanent lines as they become available. Usually, our casual support services team members work in two of the three departments: Laundry, Dietary Services and/or Housekeeping. These positions are within HEU and pay $20.97 - 21.37 /hour with weekend and evening shift differentials.
Reporting to the Support Services Manager, support services team members undertake their respective duties within a team approach.
The ideal candidate will possess:
● Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
● Food Safe Certificate Level 1;
● A kind nature and empathetic approach;
● Excellent teamwork in a fast paced environment;
● Good communication skills both written and verbal;
● Ability to problem solve and think on your feet;
● Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Benefits once eligible status is obtained:
● Enrollment in pension plan
● Dental and extended health care
● Disability and life insurance
● Vacation, sick time & special leave
Please submit your resume with attention to the following
Tracey Shaver, Human Resources & Office Coordinator
133 Blain Road, Salt Spring Island, BC, V8K 1Z9