|Full Name||Shaw Communications --Hannah, Recruitment Coordinator|
|Phone||1 (204) 480-3465|
Retail Sales Associate - Saltspring Island
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity, and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw, we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development, and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
Are you passionate about providing an exceptional customer experience? If you’re an energetic self-starter who genuinely enjoys interacting with others, then we have an opportunity for you! We’re looking for a part-time Retail Sales Associate to join our retail location in Saltspring Island, BC. Reporting to the Retail Store Manager, the Sales Associate strives to create customer value and brand loyalty through every in-store interaction while driving revenue. As a Sales Associate, you’ll be curious to uncover the customers' needs, inspiring them to see what's possible with Shaw's products and services. You’ll use this insight to provide them with the right products and services solutions to complement their needs and lifestyle. Through this genuine connection, a successful Sales Associate will turn the store visitor into a loyal Shaw customer.
What we offer:
• A competitive base wage plus a sales incentive program based on your individual performance
• Extensive training as part of your onboarding and dedicated resources for continuous learning
• Incredible employee discounts on Shaw products & services, for all your entertainment needs
• A customizable health & dental benefits program to meet the health & well-being needs of you and your eligible family members
• A full range of rewards that include access to a generous share purchase program and retirement plans
• Great career growth opportunities throughout at Shaw and Freedom locations nationwide
A typical day
You’ll spend your day engaging store customers as a brand ambassador, promoting and selling all things Shaw – Internet, TV, Home Phone, and best-in-class Mobile Devices and Plans. You’ll create meaningful interactions with customers through product/service demos, general device support, and other inquiries. You’ll be an integral part of a welcoming, energetic and diverse environment that encourages healthy competition for sales incentives. You’ll use your exceptional communication skills to encourage unscripted, organic, and engaging conversations with our customers. As you reach your personal and professional goals, you’ll enjoy being part of a team that succeeds and celebrates together.
Other accountabilities include:
• Answer general account questions like billing inquiries and device support
• Diagnose and troubleshoot situations and handle any product exchanges or returns
• Participate in training sessions and continuous learning activities with your team to ensure a high standard of service
• Cash reconciliation at the start and end of shifts
• You love to communicate and connect with new people every day
• You are energized by technology and enjoy sharing your knowledge
• You embrace a challenge and strive to create genuine connections with your customers
• You’re driven, always curious, eager, and outgoing
• You must be at least 18 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent is preferred but not required
• Previous sales experience? Great, but we’re really interested in your drive, positive attitude, and passion for customer service
And some other things…
• You’ll need to successfully complete a credit and criminal background check
• You may be expected to work in other Shaw retail store locations
• You must be able to maintain a varied work schedule to support the operational hours of our various retail stores, channels, and regions. This includes evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal (and credit) background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the