Volunteers needed to run Free Community Income Tax Clinic from March-July 2020
|Full Name||SSI Community Services|
|Location||Mostly from home|
Want to help people in your community? Do you have a basic understanding of income tax?
Volunteer with Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) at Salt Spring Island Community Services to help people by doing their taxes!
You don’t need to be a tax expert to help people in your community. As a volunteer at our free tax clinic, you will:
- Complete simple tax returns for seniors, newcomers, students and others.
- Help them get important benefits and credits.
- Receive training, free tax software, and access to a dedicated help line.
Here’s how it works:
- Our free community income tax clinic runs from March-July.
- Clients drop off all necessary documents to have their tax return completed.
- As a volunteer, you pick-up said tax returns from Community Services and complete them from home (online or on paper).
- Clients have up to 6 weeks to pick-up their completed tax returns from Community Services.
For more information or to express interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-537-9971.
We look forward to hearing from you, thanks!
SS Community Services