|Full Name||Greenwoods Eldercare Society|
|Phone||250 537 5561 x223|
|Location||Salt Spring Island - 133 Blain Road|
Please review the below job description and if you feel you are a good fit for our team, apply by providing your resume to Tracey Shaver, Human Resources Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 133 Blain Road.
In accordance with Greenwoods Eldercare Society’s Vision, Mission and Values resident safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at Greenwoods, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Working closely with the management leaders, the Receptionist/Scheduler utilizes computer software applications and works in a sensitive, deadline driven environment. The Receptionist/Scheduler functions as a frontline member of our Staffing Team; calling in and scheduling staff in accordance with our established processes, policies and procedures and as directed by the respective collective agreement. This role provides reception services, staffing, administrative support and tasks that support the effective operation of the organization.
This position is in the collective agreement for the Hospital Employees Union (HEU) and has full benefits following probationary period.
Thank you for your time and interest, candidates will be contacted directly.
Provides reception services and staffing work that supports the effective operation of the organization.
Schedule: Rotating shifts 4 days on and 4 days off; shifts are 7.5 hours in length and cover 7 am to 3 pm or 10 am to 6 pm based on operational needs.
• Utilizing staffing software and following defined staffing procedures, allocates and calls in staff to fill planned leaves, relief staffing and workload requests.
• Accepts calls from staff regarding illnesses and absences from work and communicates information received to department supervisors.
• Receives visitors to the facility and screens as per COVID-19 protocols.
• Performs a variety of clerical duties such as answering telephone, making appointments and maintaining departmental files.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Grade 12 and two year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Proficient in the use of Google Suite and MS Office
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to organize work