|Full Name||Greenwoods Eldercare Society|
|Phone||250 537 5561 223|
|Location||Salt Spring Island - 133 Blain Road|
Join Greenwoods Eldercare Society in this amazing program which is Provincially funded and leads to you graduating as a Registered Care Aide with a job in hand.
This Health Career Access Program (HCAP) allows you to work in a health care setting and see what being a care aide is all about before committing to school. If being a care aide looks like a good fit for you the next step is paid education which includes course fees, travel costs and wages while completing school! Yes really!! Upon gaining your Registered Care Aide Certificate at the end of the program you will have a minimum of one year of guaranteed work with Greenwoods.
WAGES during program/school: $21.37 per hour/full time equivalent (37.5 hrs per week)
For lots of information on the program and to enroll: see website and submit an expression of interest https://www.choose2care.ca/hcap/
Please contact me if you have any questions and if you enroll..... expect a call from me!
Tracey Shaver, HR Coordinator
Greenwoods Eldercare Society
250 537 5561 223 or email@example.com
Basic criteria for participants include:
• Completion of Grade 10, including the successful completion of English 11, or equivalency;
• No prior completion of an HCA training program in BC;
• Not currently employed in an HCA role; and
• Canadian citizenship or permanent resident
Typical duties may include:
• Establishing a caring relationship with residents and their families,
• Providing support and assistance with recreational activities,
• Assisting and directing visitors,
• Restocking supplies and performing housekeeping tasks, and
• Providing support and assistance at mealtimes.