Painter - 3 Month Temporary
|Full Name||School District 64|
|Location||Salt Spring Island|
School District No. 64 (Gulf Islands) invites applications for the temporary (3 month), forty (40) hours per week position as a Painter on Saltspring Island, located in the Strait of Georgia between Vancouver and Victoria. This position is effective as soon as possible. The job description for this position can be found at https://sd64.bc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/painter-building-maint-1920.pdf Maintenance, Painter – Operations IV). The pay rate is $26.51 per hour.
Necessary Qualifications Include:
• Grade 10
• Certified program of study in painting/paint technology
• Experience in operation of spray paint equipment
• Skill in operation of power tools and hand tools
• Valid BC Class 5 Drivers License
• Two years’ experience in related work
• Documented evidence of exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as
a member of a team
Or an equivalent combination of training and experience
Review of applications received will commence on Wednesday, May 27, 2020. You are encouraged to submit your application prior to this date for full consideration; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found or until otherwise advised on our website.
Applications with supporting documents should be forwarded to:
D’Arcy Deacon, Director of Instruction, Human Resources
c/o Clare Nuyens, Executive Assistant School District No. 64 (Gulf Islands) 112 Rainbow Road Salt Spring Island, B.C. V8K 2K3 Fax: 250-537-4200 / Email: email@example.com
Please include with application:
• A letter of application
• Current resume with supporting documentation that will ensure qualifications are met or exceeded in this position
• Names of three professional references including their addresses, phone numbers and email addresses
Please note: incomplete applications will not be considered.Thank you to all who apply; however, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be notified.