EVENT: Mental Health with Dr. Kefferputz
|Organizer||Dr. Kefferputz & Chamber of Commerce & Island Savings|
|Event Length||~ 90 Minutes|
|Location||Salt Spring Lions Hall 103 Bonnet Ave|
You cannot go through life without experiencing emotions, and you wouldn't want to. We all feel and express emotions differently depending on our genes, upbringing, personality, and lifestyle.
However, it is not that simple. There is much more to unpacking the human experience and mental health.
I will present to you the body's own emotional vocabulary and how we can stay in the driver's seat by paying close attention to it.
Some of the topics I will discuss will be
- What is the polyvagal theory and how the autonomic nervous system acts as the foundation of all our experiences.
- The reasons that we call our guts the second brain and the importance of healthy digestion.
- The connection between hormones, stress, and neurotransmitters (brain chemicals).
- Evolved behavioral responses known as “sickness behavior” and how your immune system takes a toll.
- Theories, myths, environmental influences, and scientific research.
- The power of neuroplasticity and manifesting new pathways for wellbeing.
And most important of all - tools, tips and steps for you to take charge of your mental health.
I look forward to sharing my knowledge on this important topic with all of you.
Dr. Rigobert Kefferputz