depends on exp.
- This item has been sold
- Full Name: Salt Spring Wild Cider
- Location: 151 Sharp Road
- Phone: 2505388686
- Expires: 16 days, 20 hours
Salt Spring Wild Cider is looking for a full time Kitchen Manager for our very small kitchen. We currently have a smaller kitchen component to our cidery that serves farm-style tapas with food sourced from our garden and other farms on the island. We’re looking for someone to carry on that role and, perhaps, grow it to be a year-round success. This job would suit someone who is looking to expand or build their portfolio and has a proven track record of successful recipes that work well in a fast-paced environment with limited resources.
Skills, dispositions, and attributes:
• Food Safe certification
• Ability to work under pressure
• Highly organized
• Familiar with kitchen inventories/ordering etc.
• Clean freak
• Proven history of successful cooking experience
• Interest in organic farm cooking
• Interest and/or skill in gluten free cooking
• Interest in food innovation
• Interest in making simple, beautiful food
• A natural leader
• Able to work weekends and long days
• Ability to work in a small space and put out a quality product consistently.
• Training and managing kitchen staff
• All aspects of food prep and food service
• Tracking inventories and ordering
• Delegating prep on your days off
• Developing systems and protocols for the kitchen so it runs smoothly
• Liaising and co-ordinating menus with the general managers, tasting room manager, etc.
• Creating specials based on what is fresh in the garden/locally source ingredients
• Developing gluten free recipes, vegan and vegetarian recipes, as well as local and organic meats and dairy
• Food costing
• Keeping food costs and waste down
• Willing to commit for at least the summer/fall season or longer
• You should have formal training as a cook/chef or equivalent experience
• Be interested in developing new recipes and maintaining existing ones
• Be open to feedback from management and customer base
• A driver’s license would be helpful
• If you’re friendly and easy going, it would be a real asset
• Have secure accommodation on SSI before start date- not as easy as it sounds
Please apply with cover letter, resume, and references to Mike and Gerda at firstname.lastname@example.org and place “Kitchen Manager/Cook/Chef Type-Person” in the subject line.
Search Listings and News
During Black History Month we celebrate pioneers who were a key part of BC and Canada’s history. Sylvia Estes Stark immigrated to Canada in 1858, settling on Salt Spring Island in 1860. Having been born into slavery in the United States, Sylvia Stark embraced the pastoral life on the island, and was a true homesteader […]
Welcome, one and all, to the 20th Anniversary of the Salt Spring Film Festival! We have a few special things planned for you to mark the occasion, so be sure to take a good look through the program this year. We have added an extra room to allow for more films and more repeat screenings. […]
Did you know that one in two Canadians is expected to develop cancer during their lifetime, and one out of four Canadians is expected to die from the disease? In fact, cancer is the leading cause of death in Canada, responsible for 30% of all deaths. At the same time, survival rates for cancer are […]
With great enthusiasm and anticipation, the Salt Spring Bike Club announces its merger with Island Pathways and the creation of the new Island Pathway committee: Cycling Salt Spring Island! The Salt Spring Bike Club formed five years ago to: promote cycling as a healthy, sustainable and fun mode of transportation and recreation; foster a stronger […]
Thank you to everyone who participated in this year’s Country Grocer Valentine’s ‘Show Us Your Love’ photo contest. The winning participants receives a $150 dinner at Auntie Pestos, two runners up get a $50 Country Grocer gift card and each participating couple receives a one-time Country Grocer voucher for 15% off which expires on March […]
I have wanted to do this project for a few years now. I am so curious about relationships. What makes them work and what keeps them good. I had the chance to sit down with 4 Island couples to ask them just about that. This is a very small portion of the question + answer’s […]
What are signs of heavy snow load on my roof? If you’re concerned about the weight of snowfall on a roof, look and listen for signs of stress. These signs can include unusual sounds from the roof or supporting walls, visible movement of walls or sagging of ceiling and cracking of drywall or plaster. Other […]
Wow. Watch the transformation of Ganges from our Salt Spring Exchange Live Cam at the Salt Spring Island Fire Rescue hall in town. The day started out cold, clear and sunny and transformed in just a few short hours to a snowy wonderland! Comments May Not Be Seen by the Author Facebook […]
Every season is the season for love. Let’s face it: Love is trending 365 days a year. But Valentine’s Day adds a dash of spice and invokes romance. It reminds some of us to do something different and extra special, perhaps with a bit more flair or creativity, to say, “Thank you for being so […]