|Full Name||Country Grocer|
|Location||Salt Spring Island|
The Baker is responsible for the preparation of high-quality food in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner. The Baker must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment, while maintaining the organizational ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and effectively. The Baker must be prepared to work as a team member in a dynamic workplace, follow all safety procedures, and have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
• In-shop training within a scratch bakery.
• Demonstrated knowledge of food trends, quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation required.
• Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of food safe handling required.
• Highly effective teamwork skills.
• Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
• Regular use of proofer & mixers.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Attention to detail in all areas of work.
• Must turn off cell phone and leave in coat/locker during shift.
• This position requires 100% of the time standing.
• Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.
• Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds.
• Will be constantly exposed to high temperatures in the bakery department
• Manual dexterity required to use knives and bakery appliances.
• Work and operate department machinery safely.
• Know and practice safety and food safe regulations
• Very generous staff discount
• Full benefits (for full time employees)
• Pension plan
• Great work environment
Please contact Leah (Human Resources Manager) at 250-537-9893 or firstname.lastname@example.org