Herbal Soap Making Workshop
|Full Name||Aly Coy/ Barefoot Daughter|
Herbal Soap Making with Aly Coy from Barefoot Daughter
When: Monday, December 16th 2-4:30pm (Other workshops are full)
What: Hands on tutorial, instructional sheet, plus take home 6 herbal soap bars you scent and colour from provided material.
Cost: $60 OR bring a friend $50 each
Bring: notebook, pen, 750ml tetra pack (juice, soy milk etc), scissors, warm clothes (studio is cold!)
Where: Seven Ravens Farm Shop, 1641 Fulford-Ganges, Salt Spring Island
As the owner of Barefoot Daughter: botanical body care, Aly Coy puts on workshops on how to make a cleansing, herbal soap bar that folks can do again at home with ingredients from their kitchen and local hardware store.
This 2.5 hour long workshop is hands on, with step by step instructions. As a group we make a batch of soap and a homemade mold out of a recycled juice container. Make your holiday gifts this year for friends & family! Workshop includes an instructional handout to take home, plus a loaf of soap that you cut at home the next day, that makes around six medium sized soaps. During the workshop you get to scent and colour yourself with herbs, spices and pure essential oil.
Chemical fragrance free, sulphate free, palm oil free.
Limited space available. To reserve your spot email or call 1 250 813 3165 / firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm space and pre pay email transfer $60. Bring a friend for $50 each.
We will cover:
- what is soap made from? history of soap
- cold process vs hot process
- safety and soap making, how to neutralize lye and what equipment to avoid
- what oils to use, and how to formulate your recipe
- how to make a mold from recycled containers
- how to infuse herbs and essential oils into your soap bar, the medicinal herbal side of soap
- reaching 'trace'
- the saponification process
- cutting and curing
- what can go wrong/ troubleshooting