Full-Time Customer Service Supervisor - Mid Island Co-op Gas Bar/ Convenience Store (Salt Spring)
|Full Name||Mid Island Coop Gas Bar|
|Location||135 Rainbow Road, Salt Spring Island|
Full-time Customer Service Supervisor – Mid Island Co-op Gas Bar/Convenience Store (Salt Spring Island)
Mid Island Co-op is a multi-million-dollar retail that sells petroleum and Liquor products. We currently have 16 gas bars & 4 “Mid Island Liquor” Stores located throughout Central and Northern Vancouver Island. Come on by and see what were about!
We are a different kind of business: We are locally owned and invested, are community-minded and offer our customers lifetime member/owner benefits including patronage refunds, quality products, and quality services.
Our Gas Bar/ Convenience Store on Salt Spring Island is looking to add to their team an energetic, people-focused person on a full-time basis as a Customer Service Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties;
• Assist the store manager and assistant manager in organizing and directing the activities and operations of the store.
• Provide customer service and maintains positive customer relations through the proper handling of questions, comments and complaints.
• Order all merchandise and supplies. Receiving, including reviewing/verifying and authorizing appropriate invoices, returns, transfers, claims and proper storage of products.
• Process transactions, refunds and returns, activate gift cards.
• Stock, face and rotate products on shelves, ensuring display presentation and proper stock levels are maintained.
• Ensure the proper care, use and maintenance of equipment and tools; reports repair requirement to the store manager.
• Handle merchandise to ensure quality, minimizing damages and markdowns, ensures price integrity including price changes.
• Promote the prevention of robbery and violence in the workplace.
• Assist with training/orientating new Customer Service Representatives.
• Perform and follow all aspects of cash handling policies and procedures.
• Perform all aspects of opening and closing duties
• Perform all duties while following established Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Grade 12 education or acceptable combination of education and experience
• Strong math skills and basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Team player with strong communication skills
• Ability to physically lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs
• Ability to successfully pass a background check
Interested candidates are asked to submit an expression of interest email with “Full-time Customer Service Supervisor” in the subject line, Attention: Joel.Shaver@midisland.coop or stop in at 135 Rainbow Road, Salt Spring to speak directly to the manager.