|Full Name||PARC CRD|
Facility Maintenance Worker
Employment Type: Auxiliary
Hours of Work: As needed
Rate of Pay: $25.21 - $27.16 per hour (plus 14% in lieu of benefits) (2021 rates)
Review of applications begins: 4:00pm on August 19, 2022
This position is responsible for various janitorial and routine maintenance work in public recreational facilities. This position is responsible for maintaining facility systems and equipment and for carrying out routine repairs. This incumbent will be required to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
• High school graduation and 1 year related experience.
• Building Service Worker 1 Certificate (or willing to obtain), or equivalent building maintenance and custodial training.
• WHMIS Certification (or willing to obtain).
• Sufficient physical strength and stamina to perform the required duties.
• Ability to work a variety of shifts, as required.
• Must possess a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence (or out-of-province equivalent).
• An acceptable criminal record check will be required to work in this position.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit https://www.crd.bc.ca/about/careers/current-opportunities/apply?id=5851 or www.crd.bc.ca and submit your application on our careers page.
We welcome all qualified applicants to apply and may consider a combination of experience, education and/or training where possible.
NOTE: For the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, the CRD requires verification of your COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of employment.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
People working in this role can expect to be responsible for performing the following duties. This list is not meant to be comprehensive and other related duties similar in scope and complexity may be performed.
• Performs specialized cleaning as well as routine janitorial and maintenance functions in public recreational facilities.
• Performs janitorial building cleaning duties, including change rooms and washrooms, as well as ensures supplies are replenished.
• Monitors and carries out preventative maintenance procedures and schedules for buildings, equipment and grounds.
• Makes recommendations for repairs and purchases to supervisor.
• Ensures building and equipment meet safety, security and fire regulations and policies.
• Monitors work performed by contractors.
• Provides facility and room set up and clean up, as required.
• Completes and maintains related records such as maintenance logs and security incident reports.
• Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To be successful at the CRD, candidates should have a shared understanding of our Cultural Traits and Statement of Reconciliation with Indigenous peoples. Additionally, ideal candidates would possess the following role specific knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
• Knowledge of building cleaning, building maintenance and the building trades and related activities.
• Ability to handle chemicals and corrosive cleaning materials in a safe and efficient manner.
• Knowledge and understanding of WorkSafeBC practices/protocols, Workers’ Compensation Act and OH&S Regulations and other relevant safety statutes.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions.
• Ability to deal with the public with professionalism, tact and diplomacy.