|Full Name||School District 64|
|Location||Salt Spring Island|
School District No. 64 (Gulf Islands) invites applications for the temporary, twenty-six (26) hours per week position (0.7874 FTE) as Education Assistant at Gulf Islands Secondary School on Saltspring Island, located in the Strait of Georgia between Vancouver and Victoria. This position is effective as soon as possible until June 30, 2021. The job description for this position can be found at: https://sd64.bc.ca/cupe-job-descriptions/ Education Assistant I: Paraprofessional IV: Classroom). The pay rate is $25.23 per hour.
Necessary Qualifications Include:
• Grade 12.
• Emergency First Aid Certificate (appropriate for caring for children and youth).
• One year Teacher’s Assistant Certificate.
• Minimum of two (2) years experience working with groups of school age children/youth resulting in:
— Documented skills and abilities in:
• - behaviour management
• - modifying instructional materials under direction
• - observing and recording student behaviour
• - oral and written communication, and
— Documented knowledge of:
• - motivational strategies
• - normal child development
• - normal adolescent development
• - social, emotional, and educational implication of disabilities/dependent needs/behaviour
• - behaviour shaping
• OR an equivalent combination of documented experience and training.
Review of applications received will commence on Friday, October 2, 2020. You are encouraged to submit your application prior to this date for full consideration; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found or until otherwise advised on our website.
Applications with supporting documents should be forwarded to:
D’Arcy Deacon, Director of Instruction, Human Resources
c/o Clare Nuyens, Executive Assistant
School District No. 64 (Gulf Islands)
112 Rainbow Road Salt Spring Island, B.C. V8K 2K3
Fax: 250-537-4200 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include with application:
• A letter of application
• Current resume with supporting documentation that will ensure qualifications are met or exceeded in this position
• Names of three professional references including their addresses, phone numbers and email addresses
Please note: incomplete applications will not be considered.Thank you to all who apply; however, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be notified.