|Full Name||School District 64|
|Location||Salt Spring, Pender, Galiano & Saturna Islands|
School District No. 64 (Gulf Islands) invites applications for sub/casual Building Service Worker (BSW) positions for district schools on Galiano, Pender, Saturna & Salt Spring Islands. The pay rate is $24.39 per hour.
A Building Service Worker certificate is an asset. You will have the opportunity to work at a variety of the district's schools and facilities on a casual basis. The work involves performing routine cleaning duties in a designated area of responsibility. Substitute building service workers at the District provide coverage for short-term leaves and provide additional support during special projects. You must be available for on-call work.
Applications should be accompanied by evidence of successful demonstration of the following:
• Working knowledge of commercial custodial practices
• Working knowledge of building alarm systems
• Building Service Worker Level 1 certificate (or willingness to attain)
• Ability and desire to work collaboratively
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Conscientiousness, attention to detail, and pride in a job well done
• Complete confidentiality
For a detailed list of duties refer to the job description at https://sd64.bc.ca/cupe-job-descriptions/
Please include with application:
• Current curriculum vitae
• Names of three professional references including their addresses, phone numbers and email addresses
• Other documents related to this application
You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible; however, the competition will remain open until successful candidates are found or until otherwise advised on our website.
Applications with supporting documents should be forwarded to:
D’Arcy Deacon, Director of Instruction, Human Resources
c/o Clare Nuyens, Executive Assistant
School District No. 64 (Gulf Islands)
112 Rainbow Road Salt Spring Island, B.C. V8K 2K3
Fax: 250-537-4200 / Email: email@example.com
Thank you to all who apply; however, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be notified.