Book Publication Services
|Full Name||Kerry Coast|
Professional, experienced, and personal services for self-publishing authors.
- concept, layout design, assistance with cataloguing
- print-ready digital file and/or e-book format
- advice and support with creating and managing your online print-on-demand account and/or printing locally
Package cost: your final manuscript to print-ready PDF (pending corrections) = $500
- creation of cover that best represents your book, taking into consideration the market/readership it is intended for and your vision
- review and adjustment process, re-drafting to satisfaction
- using images provided by the author/publisher (photos, artwork) and optimized as needed
Package cost: front and back cover and spine = $200
- creation of original artwork or photography for cover images, after and with consultation and decisions about nature of imagery
* cover art package is additional to cover design
Package cost: print-ready artwork front cover and back = $200
Editing for the Reader
- grammatical and spelling correctness
- comprehensibility and readability
- overall book organization
Constructive Editing - editing for the writer
- subjective editing, going to: pushing the author a little further; asking for clarification of content where the editor-as-reader needs more (or less!); providing feedback on the style and effect of the writing generally and specifically; overall book organization and flow
- specific notes provided on a print copy, and follow-up discussion.
Extended Layout Requirements
- processing, optimization and layout of images and graphics
- complicated text flows, boxes, outsets and insets, etcetera
- pull quotes
- design devices for eloquence and effect
* This hourly-rate service is additional to the package rate for Book Publication above
About my work:
* A publication design service that brings your book’s form and content to its full potential
* State-of-the-art digital tools and strong artistic talent for print-ready, market-ready quality.
* Author of three books, editor and designer of two newspapers, journalist, technical writer, publication designer for self-publishing authors and agencies (novels, poetry, annotated history, literary anthology, art books, memoir, and children’s books).
* Owner of an independent publishing label.
Please drop a line with your particular query and I will get back to you!
Kerry Coast: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 604 755 2035
“Kerry Coast’s analytic brain and uncanny eye for detail have been gifts to me. Her prescient suggestions have pushed me beyond my comfort zone to add new depths of meaning to my words.”
– Joy Barratt, author of "Chaos Great and Wide," "Unfolding a Lost World;" and "Rage, Age, Grace, and Wonder."
“Kerry was the force behind the organizing of the materials, advising and reviewing of the 349 page book I authored, “It Takes Raindrops to Fill a Lake, The first fifty years of Abbotsford Community Services,” published in May, 2019. For two years she gave unstintingly of her time and expertise with professionalism, patience and sense of humor. It was a pleasure working with her.”
– Walter Paetkau, founder and longtime Executive Director of Abbotsford Community Services
"Kerry Coast has a skilled and sharp eye, and intelligent insights and observations. A client of Ms. Coast will benefit not only from her skills as an editor, but also from her rare and important talents in understanding policies and history, especially those relevant to Indigenous issues."
– dr. annie g. ross, Department of First Nations Studies, Simon Fraser University
"One can only admire the woman's skill as a literary advisor and a graphic designer. Kerry has arranged the layout for my magazine, Lived Experience, year after year. Lived Experience is an annual anthology of narratives and poems focused on the radical Sixties and the Back-to-the-Land Movement of the Seventies. Kerry's patience with my fussy temperament has been a wonder, and her work, inventive and artistic, never failed to give me satisfaction. She has contributed both illustrations and stories to the magazine.
"Kerry Coast was the editor of an important publication in Lillooet, the St'át'imc Runner. The Runner was an exceptionally fine First Nations newspaper.
"Whatever Kerry undertakes will be carried out with great skill and integrity."
– Van Andruss, Moha, B.C., Nov. 24, 2019
"Kerry's perceptive thoughts, editing and patience have been invaluable."
– B. J. F. Hamilton, author of "Still Here On Friday, From fear to freedom," a memoir concerning women's mental health