Hours of Work: Up to 80 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay: $17.41 per hour (plus 14% in lieu of benefits) (2021 rates)
Review of applications begins: 4:00pm on 27/May/2022
Notes: Anticipated length of assignment June 15 – September 5, 2022
As an important member of the community recreation team, the Day Camp Assistant Leader will contribute towards active, fun and engaging programs for children and youth aged 5 to 12. Providing a variety of indoor and outdoor activities, along with assisting with exciting out trips, the successful applicant will have a positive impact on the families whose children are in attendance. Get ready for summer fun with this opportunity to play like a kid again!
The anticipated length of this term assignment is approximately 3 months.
This position requires an acceptable criminal record check. The applicant/incumbent will be required to undergo a criminal record check in order to work in this position and to report to their supervisor if any criminal charges are laid against them that may be related to their employment in this position
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assists in the development and delivery of safe, healthy and enjoyable activities, crafts, and games for children
• Provides learning and guidance on appropriate behaviour during play and activities
• Delivers care and support with behaviour management, inclusion, first aid and other areas relating to caring for children
• Assists in leading and supervising children on out trips
• Works cooperatively with other staff members to plan and deliver activities
• Acts as a liaison between the general public and CRD, providing clear customer communication with parents and caregivers
• Maintains a clean and safe environment for children in their care
• Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Related experience working with children assisting in the delivery of recreational programs
• Ability to demonstrate good judgement in managing behaviour of children
• Leadership abilities including role model behaviours, as well as the ability to demonstrate sound judgment while creating a positive, enthusiastic & fun environment.
• Current First Aid and CPR (or willingness to obtain prior to June 2021).
• Excellent customer service, communication (both verbal and written), interpersonal, and public relations skills and experience are required.
To keep our employees, customers and the communities we serve safe, the CRD has introduced an employee mandatory vaccination policy intended to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. As such, the CRD requires proof of being fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at https://www.crd.bc.ca/about/careers/current-opportunities/apply?id=5668 or www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.