Obituary: Eli Rian Johnson

We are devastated to announce the birth and the death of our son Eli Rian Johnson.

He was born at lady minto hospital on November 21st, 2020 at 10:38 am, weighing 8lb 4oz. He passed away in my womb and the cause is still unknown and may never be known. It is so heart wrenchingly painful.

He was pure perfection, nothing has ever smelled so sweet. He had fine dark hair, kissable pouty lips, and a perfect button nose. He took after his daddy and was very tall. He was 22 inches long and had big Johnson feet... I cherish the time I had with him in my womb, he was so deeply loved. Everyday I talked to him and told him how loved he is. Every night at bed time Emmi would say goodnight Eli I love you.

Our hearts are so deeply broken and our loss is unimaginable. We are together at home trying to navigate this grief while caring for our Emmi who is grieving the loss of her baby brother and trying to understand why everyone around her is so sad. I never want Eli to be forgotten and I don’t want to be afraid to talk about him. He will always be my baby and my son and I will always be his mama.

We wanted to share this news so he can be remembered and honoured. We also felt like the community shared in our excitement for the arrival of our sweet Eli.

November 24, 2020 12:25 PM

Community Comments

• Avatar Brenda Guiled says:

So beautifully said; so touched that you shared; so hard to fathom; so together we all are in this and every heartrending loss.

• Avatar moriahboone says:

You show so much love. Thank you for your courage to share this with us.

• Avatar Islandliving says:

I am so deeply sorry for your loss of your beautiful little boy. Sincere love and prayers of strength sent to you and your family. Thank you for sharing the beautiful picture of you and Eli.

• Avatar Robin Ruel says:

Sending you and your family so much love. Words of course inadequate. Love, comfort and healing to you all.

• Avatar Robert Birch says:

Jessica, sharing your unfathomable shock and grief, your family's unimaginable loss, so deeply honours Eli. Your call for love touches us all. Your family, friends and neighbours, our wider community all carry you in our hearts. We ache for you all.

• Avatar Charmayne Elliott says:

I'm deeply sorry for the loss of your little boy Eli. Your description of him is beautiful. I can't imagine anything more devastating than losing a child. I'm sending my love and hugs from Ontario. Take care of yourself and your little family. Sending healing light.
    Charmayne xoxo

• Avatar lff7 says:

Deeply sorry for your loss.....and grateful for you sharing so much Love for Eli that touches everyone, a heart felt embrace of Light......
    Lali

• Avatar Susanne Hedler says:

Dear Jessica,
    I don't believe we ever met, but I am sitting at my desk, tears rolling down my cheeks, while reading the Obituary for your son Eli. There are no words that can describe what you and your family are going through and no words will make it better. You are doing a wonderful thing by honouring your son and sharing your special photo with everyone. He will always be in your hearts and never forgotten.
    20 years ago I lost our son Tom and I didn't know if I could ever get over that kind of unimaginable pain. Luckily Tom had two older sisters ,which were my reason to get up every morning . Nothing will ever be the same, but in time it will hurt a little less.
    Try to be strong for your daughter Emmi, she will help you see the light.
    With deep sympathy,
    Susanne

• Avatar Island Song says:

I am so sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you and your family.

• Avatar Erin Lindstrom says:

Oh Jessica, I am so very sorry to hear this. What a beautiful picture of you and your son. Much love to you and your family.

• Avatar brandy borley says:

I’m so sorry for you and your family. You will always be his mama and the way you have honored him is truly moving.

• Avatar sarahg says:

Can't find the right words but sending all the heart felt comfort possible to you and your loved ones.

• Avatar Talia Peckel says:

My heart goes out to you

• Avatar Ahava Shira says:

for sharing your time with Eli in the womb and how you loved him. It is beautiful to hear your joy and sorrow paired. It takes courage to love and lose and not separate the two. May you find comfort in the love around you during this time of grief. May your family be well.