The Salt Spring Tuesday Market will open early this year to assist locals who want to buy food from local producers. Our first market will be on Tuesday, April 21st, 2020 from 2-6 PM
Shopping procedures at the market will be modified, to comply with social distancing and public health protocols. The Market is operating with safety in mind and with the support of the BC CDC, Minister of Agriculture, The BC Association of Farmers Markets as well as the local Health Authority.
SHOP, DON’T STOP!
The Market encourages all shoppers to:
- STAY HOME if you are sick
- BE PATIENT. Only one customer in a booth at a time
- Respect social distancing by using the guidelines marked on the ground
- Only come as a single shopper from your household
- This is not a social gathering, please do not linger or use the playground
- Practice excellent hygiene
- Do not touch anything before talking with the vendor
- PRE-ARRANGE/PRE-PAY ORDERS if you can
Please remember that conditions change very quickly. Vendor lineups may change at the last minute, as may regulations beyond our control, but we shall endeavour to keep you posted with the latest information.
The Market will be providing all shoppers:
- A list of vendors participating on the Monday before the market
- Controlled one way access to the market area
- Sanitation stations before entering a market area
Thank you for navigating these unprecedented times with us and showing respect to those that keep us fed.