As of today, we are not aware of any definite COVID cases on Salt Spring. The Medical Health Officer keeps us informed on a regular basis. However, given the emergence of cases elsewhere on Vancouver Island, we are assuming that there are cases in our community and are acting accordingly. We will not be sharing information about individual cases (see point 5).
- If you have any symptoms of a cold or respiratory illness, assume you are infectious and stay at home and self isolate for 14 days.
- DO come to the hospital if you are having trouble breathing or need medical assistance, or for any other emergency problems your GP can’t handle.
- Do NOT come to the hospital for minor ailments, doctor’s notes, or prescriptions. This is really helping to keep the emergency room ready to treat emergencies. Thank you so much for your help.
- Your doctors are working from their offices or remotely from home and offering phone consultations. Please phone your doctors’ office for details.
- Confidentiality is terribly important. Careless talk will cause needless harm and worry. Rumors always spread faster than facts. Please be respectful of other people’s privacy.
- Be kind to each other, offer friendship and help. We are a great community. Let us keep it that way.
Editorial Note: Read all official, current and ongoing updates on COVID-19 specifically related to Salt Spring Island on the Salt Spring Exchange under our News > 'Special Alert: COVID-19' News section.