As directed by the Provincial Medical Health Officer, any events that bring more than 50 people closely together will be cancelled. Other activities that result in close contact or are operated in confined spaces where social distancing is unlikely to be maintained will be cancelled until further notice.
As of March 16, 2020, this includes:
- classes and programs in smaller community halls
- workshops and training events in small rooms or facilities
- family workshops and guided tours as well as public tours at the Hartland landfill and the Learning Centre
- Regional Parks education and outreach events are cancelled until the end of March
- Salt Spring Island Community Market is cancelled as it is a large gathering place for both tourists and locals
As the CRD operates numerous facilities and programs, service providers will be posting updated information regularly. Please go to www.crd.bc.ca/covid for regular updates on programs and events that have been cancelled.
Editorial Note: Read all official, current and ongoing updates on COVID-19 specifically related to Salt Spring Island on the Salt Spring Exchange under our News > 'Special Alert: COVID-19' News section.