You’re Invited! – 2018 June 24, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Farmers’ Institute and on the Ganges Pathways
Hard to believe Island Pathways has been going for 30 years. Here’s some of what we’ve accomplished:
- Our Partners Creating Pathways group has built nearly $1-million in Ganges Village pathways, complete with benches and map kiosks, costing local taxpayers about $250,000. This year’s pathway will extend the network to Portlock Park at Central.
- We’ve sold out several editions of our award-winning “Heritage Map with Bike Routes”, with posters of it located throughout the island and on all Salt Spring Island ferries.
- We’re launching our new “Salt Spring on Foot”, with all of the public trail, paths, and beach walks on island.
- We’ve put over 700 elementary school kids into quality, well-fitting bicycle helmets, for $10 per student.
- We’ve spearheaded the installation of 36 bicycle racks.We’re still working hard to get a bikeway through the island – the reason we started and a big push in the coming year.
The party’s going to be a lot of fun, centred at Farmers’ Institute and fanning out on the Ganges Village Pathway Network. We’ll have a bicycle & helmet decorating contest for kids and adults, and pathways users will collect stickers in an Island Pathways passport to win prizes for the most collected. It’s all free – drinks and cake too!
Please bring a water bottle or re-usable cup. And take a little time to enjoy Transition Salt Spring’s REvolutionSS e-vehicle event at the Farmers’ Institute, which kindly allowed us to join their gathering.