Listen to the wisdom of our elders: Harold Swierenga, has been a Co-op Farm Director, Commercial Farmer, Economics Professor, and has a ton experience in local governance.
- 8 years experience as municipal councillor and reeve of municipality in Ontario. Served as Warden (head) of Lanark County Council.
- Served as a director of Federation of Canadian Municipalities, Association of Counties and Regions of Ontario and Municipal Liason Committee.
- Served on Health Unit Board, County Planning Board, Visitor and Convention Board
- Director of farm co-operative
- Operated a commercial farm
- 35 years professor of economics
- Founding member of SSI Transportation Commission
- Member and chair of SSI Ferry Advisory Committee
Here are his insights about Salt Spring Governance.