What’s in a name? Currently, the official name of the “Farm Centre” is “Salt Spring Farm Centre for Food Security.” We’d love a new name and that’s why we are asking the community for help.
Our goal is to develop sustainable, local food production and increase access to local food for all sectors of the community. Who benefits: farmers, value-added food producers, and anyone who values locally grown and produced food!
And you can win an amazing gift basket full of goodies from island producers as well as participants of the Rural Business Accelerator (RBA).
Simply e-mail your Entry here: email@example.com
Subject line, please say “Farm Centre Contest” and include your name and contact details.
One entry, per island resident.
If a name is approved by the Farmland Trust, the winner will be announced on the Exchange.
Gift basket featuring scrumptious local food items including:
• $50 Vegetable Gift Certificate from Heavenly Roots Farm, Burgoyne Valley Community Farm
• Gift Box from Monsoon Coast Exotic World Spices (RBA)
• Original Turmeric Elixir Moonshine Mamas
• Supper Seed and Veggie Crackers from Paradise Found Food (RBA)
• 250 ml Blueberry Thai Basil Balsamic Vinegar from Salt Spring Island Artisan Vinegar (RBA)
• Végé-pâtés from Saltspring Harvest (RBA)
• Olive Tapenade and Carciofino from Salt Spring Island Picnic Company (RBA)
Deadline for entries is April 30, 2017. For more information about the Farm Centre ssifarmlandtrust.org