When the days get shorter and darker, you begin to think of winter festivities: gatherings and celebrations, family and friends, gifts and surprises. And the kickoff to all of this festive fun is Women’s Winter Eve―a wonderful event for women to come together.
On November 25th, Pharmasave hosts its 15th year of Women’s Winter Eve! The two most important things to know are that it’s a fundraiser for the Lady Minto Hospital Foundation, and it’s fabulously fun!
For the second year in a row, you can get great deals on clothing and accessories at the in-store pop-up shop, run by Dorothy Kyle. The pop-up shop is a benefit for the Lady Minto Hospital Auxiliary Society―aka the Thrift Shop! Pharmasave has collected a lot of amazing bits and bobs, but keep in mind that the shop will take cash only.
Women! This is all about your fun and entertainment. You can:
- Pucker up and compete in the Sexy Lips Contest!
- Relax and receive a manicure, paraffin spa treatment, or a makeover.
- Learn and be inspired by beauty and wellness demonstrations.
- Revel in the special “Mystery Items,” which will be revealed throughout the evening―smoking deals on interesting finds!
- Enjoy refreshments: we’ll sample seafood products made locally by The Fishery and delicious Canadian-made teas from Tealish.
- Win a prize!
Here’s the skinny on tickets: $5 from each $10 ticket goes to the hospital foundation; the other half gets you $5 off of any purchase at the event. But more than half of the 150 tickets are already sold! This event sells out ahead of time each year. That means, tickets are not sold at the door.
So while enjoying a gal’s night out with all its deals, steals, and silliness, you can also support the hospital foundation and help strengthen the Salt Spring community. What next?
- Mark it on your calendar!
- Invite your daughter, your mom, granddaughter, sister or friends.
- Go buy your tickets.
- Go to the Uptown Pharmasave on November 25th, 6 to 9pm.
Oodles of hard work goes into creating the evening’s magic: Pharmasave staff and a host of volunteers of all ages are excited to bring you the 15th year of Women’s Winter Eve! They close the Uptown Pharmasave at 4pm that day to set up and get ready for your arrival.